ABOUT THE SUMMIT
The state's first Wildfire Technology Innovation Summit will take place on March 20-21, 2019 in Sacramento, California. The Summit will gather national and international thought leaders and practitioners from state and local governments, academia, industry and others to inform and engage each other about the challenges of wildfires and tools that can help us better manage these devastating disasters.
The Summit is designed to initiate an ongoing dialogue between the technology industry, academic researchers, utilities, and government on the challenges of identifying, responding to and recovering from today’s wildfires and the potential technological solutions to address these challenges. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from leading experts, practitioners and entrepreneurs and to discuss innovative technologies, strategies and practical tools. Discussion at the Summit will include:
• State-wide deployment of weather stations and cameras paired with meteorology and fire behavior modeling;
• AI-based visual recognition technology to analyze satellite imagery to determine fuel conditions and vegetation risks in proximity to utility lines;
• Fire modeling tools to support all fire departments and emergency responders across the state;
• Machine learning and automation inspections for increased safety assurance and regulatory compliance; and
• Widespread adoption of aerial patrols, LiDAR and advanced imaging for vegetation management and utility infrastructure inspections.
The Summit will kickstart ongoing collaboration between U.S. and international experts to work on strategies for wildfire challenges that will significantly reduce the risk and impact of devastating wildfires in California and beyond. The established collaborative will identify, share and propose innovative policies and best practices to that will achieve tangible results.